HOT SHOTS GREEN AWARDS
The Tennis Gear Hot Shots Green Awards have been designed for players between the ages of 9 and 10 years old and allows the opportunity take part in exciting exercises with regular rewards which encourages players to develop their tennis skills at a pace that suits them.
Hot Shots Green players progress through different levels by acquiring new skills and taking part in exercises. There are four levels in Hot Shots Green: Green 5, Green 10, Green 15 and Green 20 (squad).
At Hot Shots Tennis Green players learn and are tested on four important skills:
- Rally – Learning and developing rallying skills
- Serve – Learning and developing serving skills
- Come to the net – Learning and developing movement forwards and volleying
- Score and Compete – Learning the rules, how to score, how to compete and fair play
The Green Awards should be completed with a green ball on a standard tennis court. This is the final stage before moving on to full tennis. At this stage players will learn to develop tactically and technically on a full size court.
Within the Tennis Gear Hot Shots Green Awards there are:
- Key teaching points – these are technical points to be aware of, which can be built into lessons as areas of development, but they should not all be used at the same time.
- Movement – movement skills are vital for development and are written into each Awards skill exercise.
- Mental skills – are vital for all round game development and are written into each Awards skill exercise.